* 1/2 cup sooji (rava, semolina flour)
* 1/4 cup ghee (clear butter)
* 1/3 cup sugar
* 1 1/2cup water
* Pinch of cardamom powder
* 1 tablespoon sliced almonds for garnish
1. Boil the water with sugar, and cardamom powder in a pan over low medium heat. Bring to a boil and Set aside.
2. Melt the butter in a frying pan on medium heat.
3. Add sooji and roast to golden brown color; stirring constantly this will take about 5 to 8 minutes. Sooji will be golden brown in color and will have a light sweet aroma.
4. Add the syrup slowly, as you add the syrup to sooji water will splatter.
5. Turn down the heat to medium low and let it cook for about 2-3 minutes.
6. Sooji will absorb the water, as the Halwa cools so keep Halwa a little more softer then you want.
7. Garnish with almonds.